There are a fair amount of people who still have misguided notions about self hypnosis. After watching Hollywood movies, TV programs or even stage hypnotists, they think self hypnosis is a parlour trick, magic or even evil!
The self hypnosis state is just as natural to you as sleeping is. In fact every one of us, including you, enters states of trance throughout every day. When you first wake in the morning and just before you go to sleep you are in a self hypnosis trance state. If you watch television, read a book, daydream or become engrossed in a task you are in a state of hypnotic trance. Entering trance, or a state of self hypnosis, is just as normal and natural as the breath you breathe!
How many times have you performed a task, which is automatic for you, yet you could not remember the actual mechanics of doing it? Not recalling the details from your journey home from work is a classic example of this. On such occasions you are in a self imposed state of trance.
Are you aware though that when you are in such a trance state that you are highly susceptible to suggestions given to you? These suggestions seep deep into your subconscious mind where they take root and flourish! This is why you see so many billboards and advertisements on common road routes that many people use. People enter hypnotic states when they drive and advertisers know this. Why else would they spend millions on advertising costs to put billboards and other advertisements in places that are viewed for only seconds at a time?
Just as advertisers know how to use the science of trance to influence your buying behaviours so you should also know how to use the self hypnosis state to influence your own behaviours. It is possible to alter just about any area of your life using this highly effective technique.
Here are 6 things you can use self hypnosis for to change your life today!
1. Remove or Change Behaviours. Self hypnosis is a proven tool for eliminating behaviours that people deem negative or inappropriate. If you have any behaviours that you want to stop then using this trance-inducing technique is the key.
2. Removing Negative Beliefs. Many people hold very negative views about the world that greatly effect their productivity, personal interactions and their performance. Are you harbouring any misguided, negative beliefs about yourself that affect your quality of life? Many beliefs, like “I’m not good enough” or “all men are cheats”, can seriously damage your quality of life. Through self hypnosis you can easily influence your mind to eliminate these beliefs quickly and permanently.
3. Implant New Positive Life-Affirming Beliefs. You can implant new beliefs into your subconscious mind easily using this approach. How would you like to think, feel and believe as Bill Gates does? How do you think that would affect your life? Do you think it would help you in business?
4. Pain Relief. Hypnosis is used frequently within the medical establishment as a form of pain relief. As hypnosis and self hypnosis are essentially the same thing it should come as no surprise that self hypnosis is also highly effective at reducing pain.
5. Stress Relief. You can reduce or totally eliminate stress with very little effort.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1858622