New York Life Insurance Company Career – New Personal Financial Representatives Doomed?

By | August 19, 2018

New York Life Insurance Company is large and successful. If you think life insurance careers are easy, think again. If you think personal financial representatives are entry level careers, you are doomed. Want the true facts about life insurance careers and personal financial representatives? Read this article.

I remember that years ago 15% of the women entering life insurance careers were women. Today with some career life insurance companies like New York Life Insurance Company that figure is now approaching close to 50%. Moreover, in a business already flooded with far too many male and female life insurance agents, their recruiting figures are up. This is a marketing scheme. Change the name to possible applicants from life insurance agents to financial representatives and suddenly an image of prestige and easy money appears. However, ask yourself why the insurer’s name is New York Life Insurance Company and not New York Financial Company. It is just a name game.

Video Link :https://wp.me/p99cXh-1C0

FACTUAL INFORMATION Recruiters of insurance agents or so called personal financial representatives have hardly been able to increase their retention rate during the first year and a half of the new recruit’s career. 10 years ago, 86% of newcomers left life insurance selling during their first 18 months, now that figure is 85% leaving, 15% remaining. After four full years of gaining experience, only 7% remain, and gender is not a factor.

Why does a highly respected company like New York Life Insurance Company hire over 3,500 reps in 2008? Their figures show appointing around 3,200 in 2007, and expecting 2009 to produce 3,500 new financial representatives to train. To me that adds up to 10,200 inexperienced reps in 3 years. Does anyone logically look at the numbers? This financially solid company founded in 1845 has a total agency force numbering slightly over 11,500. 90% of these are certainly are not newer financial representatives. The common interpretation of new hires retaining a lasting career is False. My analytical studies of New York Life Insurance Agents indicate slightly elevated retention than others. A similar insurance provider loses at least 70% of their first year agents.

New York Life Insurance Company still has poor retention rates. However, during the past 10 years they have implemented a strategy few of their competitors have not been as successful at imitating. That strategic method means recruiting agents, “financial representatives” with a keen emphasis on a wide diversity of cultural backgrounds. This a rapidly expanding area underserved by agents possessing the same nationality and ability to speak the language. This strategy involves personal representation into Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, India, Asian along with Hispanic and African-American and other cultural residents.

Even though New York Life Insurance Company recruits excessive numbers of agents, to result with the skilled few, this is the same numbers game practiced by competitors. Factually, it is a profitable tradition for the insurance provider, as departing agents sacrifice 100% of premiums collected to the company. To the credit of New York Life Insurance Company is this distinction. For many years, they hold the prestigious recognition of having the most MDRT, million dollar roundtable members. This does not mean making anywhere near a million dollars. However MDRT selling principles and premiums are adjusted yearly and strongly enforced to make sure qualifying is left to many of the best of the best.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2148049